Friday, November 4, 2011

Comic Relief: Thirty-Nine Graphic Novels That Kids Can't Resist

Many of us have encountered a reluctant reader....the ones that no matter what cannot find a book that they would take the time to pick up and read.  I ran across an excellent list of books that are a perfect fit for that elementary reluctant reader in your life that I want to share with my readers.  All it takes is one book to hook those reluctant readers to set them on the path of reading for fun!!!  We might think that our children should be reading classics or thick chapter books....but I beg to differ - from my own personal experience.  The best advice I was ever given was to go ahead and let my child, a fourth grade at the time, read magazines or comics.  All that mattered was that she was reading something...even those "tween" magazines ~ although not completely convinced I took the advice and allowed her to read magazines and shorter books and now as a freshman in high school I have a child that enjoys reading and reads for pleasure.  Check out the link below that I ran across recently while researching books for reluctant elementary readers for a teacher at my
school~   

Please post if you have other books to share....the more the merrier.

No comments:

Post a Comment